Here are some of the things I’ve discovered this week:
- Grown-ups need tetanus shots, even if they have not stepped on a rusty nail.
- It’s really cool to watch a butterfly emerge from its cocoon. When they come out, some red liquid comes out, but apparently it’s not blood.
- Growing cucumbers in a pot requires tomato cages for the vines to wrap around.
- Cucumbers grow very quickly and produce voluminous vines.
- When you go to discount shoe stores, all you find are cheap shoes. So you end up going to the real shoe store to find what you want anyway.
- Apparently a pair of sneakers your child wears out of the house one day can actually disappear.
That’s pretty much it.